Office of the Privy Council
Act as secretariat for the Privy Council in its role as advisor to the King in both national and personal matters, as well as duties as specified by the law. Coordinate between the Crown and the government, the Parliament, the Courts of Justice, the private sector and the people on matters within the jurisdiction of the Privy Council. Conduct matters on the advice that the Privy Council offers to the king related to bills, appointments, amnesty petitions to the Crown, petitions for justice and requests for royal assistance, state affairs related to the Crown, and the work of foundations and funds designated to the Privy Council.
The Office of the Privy Council has the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate between the Crown and the government, the Parliament, the Courts of Justice, the private sector and the people, in matters within the jurisdiction of the Privy Council.
- Carry out the role of Secretariat to the Privy Council as advisor to the Crown in both national and private matters.
- Conduct matters relating to foundations and funds assigned by the Crown to the Privy Council.
- Conduct international affairs matters, receptions and diplomatic ceremonies of the Privy Council and the Office of the Privy Council.
- Facilitate meetings of the Privy Council and of the Office of the Privy Council.
- Conduct secretarial matters of the Privy Council, liaise and prepare the work plan of the Privy Council.
- Execute matters following the strategy of the Privy Council that lead to implementation by relevant agencies.
- Manage documentation, finances, accounting, budgets, purchasing, properties and transport for the Office of the Privy Council.
- Manage administrative work and human resources, conduct public relations exercises to promote the work of the Privy Council.
The Legal Office has the following responsibilities:
- Prepare draft bills for the King’s signature.
- Manage appointments and discharges of civil servants, as well as royal audiences and oath-taking ceremonies upon taking office.
- Manage petitions to request royal pardon.
- Manage requests for royal approval to assume Thai nationality.
- Manage petitions to request justice from the Crown.
- Manage requests for royal assistance.
- Manage legal matters, contracts, and legal processes relating to the work of the Office of the Privy Council, or as assigned.
- Review, offer advice and opinions on legal matters.
- Follow up and investigate ongoing petitions or persons in order to provide opinions on related matters, or as assigned.